Apr 28, 2017
No. 3 Occidental (11-5, 5-5 SCIAC) at No. 2 Chapman (10-6, 7-3 SCIAC)
Saturday, April 29, 2017
- Chapman finished the regular season in second place with a record of 10-6 and enter the SCIAC Tournament as the No. 2 seed, their highest seed since entering the conference five years ago.
- Admission prices to SCIAC Tournament matches ar $10 for general admission and $5 for seniors and military. Children under 12 as well are free as are students, faculty and staff from SCIAC schools with ID.
- Senior Kelsey Mackin has scored 36 goals this season, putting her career-high goals scored at 124, shattering the previous school record for career goals.
- Senior Becka Wachtel is now tied for 5th place all-time at Chapman in goals scored in a single season after scoring a team-high 38 goals in her final season.
- Senior Tara Sonnemaker has set the record book for Chapman goalkeeping. She ranks second in the SCIAC with 143 saves and leads the SCIAC in games played and minutes, recording 921:45 in 16 games. She also leads the SCIAC with 10 wins.
- Occidental holds the two top spots in goals scored in the SCIAC, with freshman Alessandra Pelliccia holding first with 62 goals and junior Sierra Slack in second with 53. They have combined for over half of Occidental's goals. Pelliccia also holds the top spot in the SCIAC in points with 71 and shots with 126.
- The Panthers have won both matches against the Tigers this season. Chapman is 5-7 all-time against the Occidental side, having won the last four matches in a row. The Panthers lead the Tigers in both shot and shot-on-goal percentage as well as in ground balls.
- Becka Wachtel is no stranger to the Occidental net, having scored 11 goals this season against the Tigers, the most of any player on either team. The Panthers are averaging just over 12 goals per game, while the Tigers are averaging nearly 14.