Pomona-Pitzer (1-1) at Chapman (1-1)
Saturday, October 1, 2016
Wilson Field at Chapman Stadium
• The Chapman University Football team is coming off a 19-17 win against Trinity University of Texas. The Panthers improved to 1-1 on the season.
• Chapman is facing off against the Pomona-Pitzer Sagehens. The last time these two teams faced off, the Panthers won 35-13. Chapman is 12-1 overall against the Sagehens in program history.
• Pomona-Pitzer is also 1-1 on the season, coming off a 21-17 win over Lewis and Clark. Junior running back Aseal Birir rushed for over 150 yards on the road against Lewis and Clark, and scored two touchdowns.
• Chapman has returned two punts for touchdowns on the season. The first was a 97-yard run from Jacob Isabel, the second coming from Diano Pachote off a blocked punt. The last time special teams had more than one touchdown in a single season was in 1995 and 2009.
• The Panthers have forced at least one turnover in their last four games, spanning back to the 2015 season. They have also scored a non-offensive touchdown in their last three games.
• Chapman's Joe Mudie and Jacob Isabel each received for more than 100 yards against Trinity. It was the first time the Panthers recorded two 100-plus yard receivers in a single game since their 2013 season.