The Chapman Athletics Hall of Fame, dedicated to the late coach and Athletic Director Don Perkins, was founded in 1979.
Criteria/requirements for an INDIVIDUAL to be eligible for
membership into the Chapman Athletics Hall of Fame:
- A student/athlete must be a Chapman University graduate in good standing, morally, spiritually, socially and academically successful. In addition the person has made a significant contribution to the growth of the intercollegiate program.
- While attending Chapman University the student/athlete should have excelled in one or more sports, standing out as one of the best athletes in a particular sport (or team).
- Honors earned, records held or broken, individual statistics, etc. will all be considered in making the selection of the inductee. For example, postseason recognition: All-Conference, All-Region, All-America, Academic All-America.
- A student/athlete would be eligible five years after their class was scheduled to graduate.
- If an eligible inductee did not graduate on schedule, they would become eligible upon completion of their degree as long as it has passed the five-year time limit. Example: an individual is outstanding in a sport, becomes first round draft choice, signs with a Major League team, excels in the Majors for 12 years, completes his Chapman degree in 14 years, he immediately becomes a candidate for the Hall of Fame.
- EXCEPTIONS TO THE GRADUATION RULE: If there is an individual who has been very successful with an outstanding record and has demonstrated the qualities characteristic of the spirit of Chapman, then they could be considered as a candidate for the Hall of Fame.
- POSTHUMOUSLY HONORED: An individual may be inducted posthumously, assuming they have met the requirements. However, if their tenure at Chapman University was cut short due to unforeseen catastrophe, the graduation requirement may be waived the individual would be eligible for induction.
Criteria/requirements for a TEAM to be eligible for membership
into the Chapman Athletics Hall of Fame:
- The athletic team must be comprised of students in good standing morally, spiritually and socially. The team must also exhibit academic achievement/success.
- The team must have qualified for NCAA national championship first or second place.
- Team is eligible five years after qualification.
- Induction into the Hall of Fame requires two-third vote in favore by the Hall of Fame committee members.
Only an acting member of the Chapman Athletics Hall of Fame committee may nominate an individual or team for Hall of Fame candidacy. If you would like to recommend an individual or team that meets all criteria, please email the Hall of Fame with supporting information: firstname.lastname@example.org.