Oct 31, 2017
- No. 3-seed Chapman (9-6-3, 9-4-1 SCIAC) takes on No. 2-seed Cal Lutheran (11-4-2, 9-3-2 SCIAC) in the first round of the SCIAC Postseason Tournament. The Panthers and the Kingsmen have faced off twice this season, with Cal Lutheran getting the win on both occasions.
- This is the Panthers' fifth consecutive appearance in the postseason tournament since joining the conference six years ago. They have faced Cal Lutheran only once before in the postseason, losing 1-0 in overtime in the 2013 SCIAC Championship match.
- Cal Lutheran senior Diego Ortega leads the SCIAC with nine goals. Chapman senior Elliott Braund is right behind him with eight, leading the Panthers. Ortega scored the first goal of the match the last time these two teams faced off.
- Senior Zev Gollis leads the conference and the Chapman squad in assists. Gollis is the only Panther to have scored against the Kinsgmen this season when the Panthers fell 2-1 at Cal Lutheran just one week ago.
- Goalkeepers Sean Augustine and Eduardo Garcia are neck-in-neck on the SCIAC leaderboard. Garcia ranks second in the SCIAC with 69 saves, while Augustine is right behind him in third with 62 saves. On the other hand, Augustine leads the SCIAC in save percentage (.849) and goals-against average (0.73) while Garcia is on his heels, ranking second in both categories.
- Chapman is 17-14-2 all-time against the Kingsmen and look to secure its first win against Cal Lutheran since the 2015 season.