Oct 27, 2017
Cal Lutheran at Chapman
Saturday, October 28, 2017
Ernie Chapman Stadium
Live Stats | Video | Game Notes
• Chapman can clinch at least a share of the SCIAC Championship with a win over Cal Lutheran on Saturday night. With a win, the Panthers would also clinch the SCIAC's automatic bid to the NCAA Division III Football Championship, making them one of the first teams in the nation to punch their ticket.
• Chapman's explosive offense has not slowed down. The Panthers rank fourth in the nation in passing efficiency with senior Ricky Bautista posting a passing efficiency of 184.2. The quarterback also ranks No. 4 in the nation in completion percentage, completing 70.3 percent of his passes this season. He has completed over 70 percent of his passes in his two years as a Panther. He has already surpassed his total passing yards and touchdowns from a year ago. The senior leads the SCIAC in passing yards per game, averaging 287.7 yards.
• Senior Jacob Isabel ranks ninth in the nation in all-purpose yards with 180.5 all-purpose yards per game. The wide receiver also averages 117.5 receiving yards per game, leading the SCIAC and ranking No. 10 in the nation.
• Senior Joe Mudie is third in the nation with 7.78 rushing yards per carry. The running back also averages 118 rushing yards per game, ranking second in the SCIAC in the category.
• Mudie had himself a career day against La Verne last week. The veteran rushed for a career-high 166 yards against the Leopards. He also rushed for a career-high 74-yard touchdown to open up the scoring for the Panthers as they rolled to a 38-21 victory over La Verne.
• Chapman played its best defensive game against La Verne, keeping the Leopards to 304 total offensive yards, the lowest any team has posted against the Panthers this season. Sophomore Jonathan Bunnel recorded two sacks last weekend and now ranks second in the SCIAC with three sacks this year. The Panthers are tied for tops in the SCIAC with 14 sacks this year but 13 of those have come in conference play - the most of any SCIAC team.