Sep 29, 2017
Chapman at Pomona-Pitzer
Saturday, September 30, 2017
Live Stats | Video | Game Notes
• The SCIAC season begins this week with Chapman traveling to Pomona-Pitzer in search of its first win. The Panthers are also looking to avenge last year's 35-7 loss at home to the Sagehens.
• The Panthers are 12-2 all-time against the Sagehens and had won 10 consecutive games against Pomona-Pitzer until that streak was snapped last year. Chapman's previous win streak over Pomona-Pitzer was the longest the Panthers have had against any opponent.
• Neither team has found much success in getting to the quarterback this year. Chapman has totaled just one sack in its first two games while Pomona-Pitzer has no sacks. The Panthers have had more luck getting into the backfield with 13 tackles for loss but Pomona-Pitzer's front seven have just four tackles behind the line of scrimmage this year.
• In its first two games, the Panthers offense has eight plays of 25 yards or more and three plays of 50 yards or more. Joe Mudie has broken off a couple big runs and Ricky Bautista has hit four different receivers on big plays down the field.
• Speaking of big plays, Jacob Isabel showed his big-play making ability at Trinity. The senior caught a 57-yard TD and ran a kickoff back 96 yards for another touchdown. He ranks ninth in the nation in all-purpose yards per game and is just the second Chapman player to return both a kick and punt for a touchdown in his career. Oscar Ford returned two punts and a kickoff in 1995.